1) You will not know it until much later in life, but you are worth so much more than you give yourself credit for.
2) Date all the boys. Have fun and don’t settle down. You will not be an old maid if you’re not married by age 22.
3) Date all the boys, but don’t love them all. Don’t give yourself to the ones that don’t deserve you. Most of them you meet won’t deserve you.
4) See the world. Life gets so much harder when you have children and settle down…travel as much as you can before you put down roots somewhere.
5) You will not believe how much you change from age 20-30. Don’t get married until you’re 30. It works for some, but it won’t for you.
6) Read more. Learn as much as humanely possible about everything! Don’t settle on just one subject. The world is full of wonder and you can find it in a book.
7) Don’t let anyone tell you you can’t. You most certainly can. The deciding factor is how badly you want it.
8) Love yourself in your own skin. The self loathing and hatred is exhausting…stop it now.
9) Your parents aren’t always right.
10) Be responsible with money. Learn it if you don’t know how.
11) Pay your debts in a timely manner.
12) Keep extra toilet paper in the bathroom always. Use a roll replace a roll.
13) Quit seeking the approval of others.
14) Show compassion and empathy. There isn’t enough of it in this world.
15) Marry the nerd.
16) Don’t ever be in a position that you can’t support yourself.
17) No is not a bad word and doesn’t need an explanation. No.
18) Get close to God. He loves you perfectly and unconditionally. He will never steer you wrong.
19) Buy the outfit.
20) Be friends with everyone.
21) Share your story.
22) Your struggles are your testimony. Your testimony will bring someone to their knees. Remember that when you are in darkness.
23) Things that seem earth shattering today, likely will not be next week. Breathe.
24) Remember what it’s like to be young. Don’t lose all of the innocence of childhood.
25) Spend time with old people. They will teach you much!
26) Keep your circle full of people that are goal oriented and motivated. Don’t let negativity in your circle.
27). Little boys are disgusting. Prepare yourself bc God has a sense of humor and you will live with several.
27) It’s going to be ok.
What would you tell your younger self? I’d love to read your notes!