Recently my daughter has had growing concerns about my use of makeup. Her aunt on her dads side is constantly telling her that makeup is bad for you, your mommy wears too much makeup, makeup makes your skin ugly, and people don’t think they’re pretty enough if they wear makeup. So Reagan naturally is worried to death about my mental state. Here’s the thing…every woman should wear what makes her feel sexy and confident. What’s not ok is shaming a woman for wearing makeup. It’s also not ok to shame a woman for not wearing makeup. Both options are perfectly ok! A woman that is confident in her herself is the most attractive woman on earth. I saw a FB post the other day that had before and after pictures of women heavily made up and bare faced. The caption read “Bro take her swimming on your first date.” I didn’t find the post funny at all. Ladies, if your man only finds you attractive with product on, re-evaluate. He should find you attractive in every aspect of womanhood because our roles change constantly. So there’s that.
I’ve had numerous comments about my makeup and application. The most common one is “I wish I looked like you”. Well you can. It takes 10 extra minutes in the morning once you get your routine down, and practice. Here is a picture of my setup….
1) Use the beauty blender to apply your foundation all over your face. This is used to even out skin tone and cover blemishes. I’m currently obsessed with this “Time Balm” foundation.
2) Eyes. Pick a neutral color that suits you, not matches your clothes. I like purples and oranges as they bring out the green of my eye color. That’s how you get the pop. So I use the brush to cover my eyelid with the matte color in the letter A up there. Then my crease with the R. I use the U color to highlight from the corner in. Finally the E for my brow bone.
3) Next I line my eyes. I use a lighter color on my water line and black on my upper lash line. This gives the illusion of larger eyes.
4) Fill in the brows and mascara.
5) Contour and finishing powder then a little lipstick.
Now for my before and after….
Here’s the best part of this post. Both of my pictures are beautiful. Which is the letter B for today. My before picture shows a girl that has had fun in the sun (sun spots….wear your sunscreen!!!) She laughs frequently based on the lines around her eyes. She has dark circles from being up all night with her husband. Blemished skin because Mother Nature keeps doing her thing which means that girl is alive. My after is just as beautiful. She has a talent…she’s an artist. She’s confident and she’s owning the beauty industry.
Now to address your attitude. Own whatever look you embrace. Learn to be happy with you in all the different roles you play as a woman. You are amazing and beautiful. Remind yourself everyday. Think good thoughts. They radiate through you and make you more beautiful than and beauty blender or bare face could ever dream of. Practice ignoring the haters and not becoming a hater. Be proud for the girl next to you for daring to be whoever she walked out to be….even if it’s not your preferred look. Don’t let society steal your thunder….you are worth it. ❤️
Proverbs 3:15-18 She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who lay hold of her; those who hold her fast are called blessed.